Have you ever wondered why it seems that every business has a blog on its website? Have you ever questioned the significance of things like white papers, case studies, infographics, videos and other types of website and Internet content? The answer is very simple: content marketing is effective. It gives people something they want to read/watch/listen to as opposed to something they want to avoid.
What Is Content Marketing?
When most people think of content marketing, the primary thing that comes to mind is blogging. This is one of the most common forms of content marketing, but is only one of many types. According to the Content Marketing Institute, “content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
So what does this actually mean? Companies create blogs, videos, how-to articles, infographics, memes and other types of content to offer customers value, build industry authority, increase brand awareness and motivate consumers to take some sort of action. This action can include getting likes on Facebook, convincing a person to sign up for some sort of membership, getting individuals to buy your products, compelling a person to sign a petition, and/or dozens of other potential actions.
Common Types of Content Marketing
- White Papers
- Product Reviews
- Case Studies
- Email Marketing
One of the reasons that content marketing is an advertising strategy that continues to gain popularity is that it does not force itself on consumers. Rather than a commercial interrupting your favorite television show or a pop-up ad disrupting your online experience, content marketing is often willfully consumed by those who have an interest in the subject. The more high-quality and relevant the content, the more people will want to consume and share your content and, ultimately, take the desired action.
How Effective is Content Marketing?
It’s important to remember that not all content is created equal. The effectiveness of your content will depend heavily on its quality, value and how you promote it. Additionally, when discussing the effectiveness of content marketing, you must compare it against other forms of advertising. For example, over 200 million people now use ad blockers across the world – making it difficult to determine how effective your digital marketing efforts are. Some other notable content marketing statistics include:,,
- Content marketing costs 62 percent less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads
- 61 percent of consumers’ buying decisions are influenced by custom content
- The median amount of time people spend on a content marketing article is 37 seconds
- Businesses that use content marketing have conversion rates nearly six-times higher than competitors who don’t
- Every $1 spent on email marketing generates a return on investment of $38
Content Marketing Relevant to Addiction Rehab Industry
All of the principles that apply to content marketing in other industries also apply to the addiction rehab field. People want to read/view/listen to high-quality content that answers their questions or serves their needs. This can include blog posts about recent addiction news topics, video testimonials about patients’ rehab experiences, how to articles about conducting interventions or even eBooks about the dangers of certain drugs.
There is almost no limit to the type of content you can create for your addiction rehab facility. Just be sure to keep these rules in mind:
- Meet Your Customers’ Needs: Rather than focusing on sales goals and filling beds, put your customers’ needs first. If you can meet their needs, it will drive sales as a result.
- Have a Strategy: Who is your audience? What type of content do they consume? What is the purpose of the content you’re creating. Don’t just blindly write blogs and create videos – have a strategy.
- Have a Promotion/Distribution Plan: Your amazing content means nothing if you can’t get in front of your target audience. Consider your existing clientele and prospective customers you want to reach. You should use a mixture of social media, email and search engine optimization.
- Build a Foundation: If you do nothing else, build an engaging website, start a regular blog and be sure to create a social media profile. This will at least give you a basic start in content marketing.
- Be Original: The best content marketing offers consumers unique value that they can’t find anywhere else. The more original your content, the better.
If you’re unsure of how to create and execute an effective content marketing strategy, MPA Rehab Marketing has you covered. We’ve created countless blogs posts, hundreds of infographics and dozens of websites for drug and alcohol addiction rehab facilities. Contact us today at 732-214-9600 to begin strategizing today.