A great website is equipped with multiple tools to help convert browsers into customers. While most everyone understands what a home page is, why a contact form is important and the usefulness of live chat boxes, the concept of a landing page is not as well understood. This blog will breakdown what a landing page is and why it’s a vital tool for any addiction rehab facility’s website.
What is a Landing Page?
When most people hear the term “landing page,” they likely believe that it’s simply a page on a website a person can land on. At its most basic level, this is not completely inaccurate. But when marketers are talking about landing pages, they are not referring to just any page on a website. They are referring to a page on a website that has a form or a click-through and exists solely to collect information from visitors and move them along in the sales funnel.
A well-designed landing page is essential to any marketing campaign because it directs potential clients to the exact information they are looking for. Rather than having to navigate through your website to find what they need, a landing page will take them from point A to point B much more quickly and direct them to your ultimate goal – a conversion.
Why Landing Pages Are Important?
When a person visits your website, in many cases, he or she has gotten to that website through an Internet search or email campaign. If this search sends them to your website’s home page, your visitors will have many options of what to do next, and they may or may not get to the stage you want them to before leaving. However, if they find your landing page that has no other navigational tools other than a call to action, the only options they have is to leave the site or move forward into your sales funnel.
You can create landing pages that allow visitors to download content, sign up for product demos or redeem marketing offers, among many other options. By directing a customer right to an offer in exchange for their information (name, age, email address, location, etc.) you can gain greater demographic data, offer them something of value and have a higher chance of converting them.
How Landing Pages Help Addiction Rehab Facilities
There are almost endless uses for landing pages for all businesses, including addiction rehab clinics. This is especially true if a large portion of your customers learn about your company through the Internet (which is true of many businesses in the 21st century). Your home page serves multiple purposes and can’t be solely relied on for conversion. People are on your front page to learn about your business, watch videos, read testimonials, etc. If your home page has 20 different links that can take customers to different pages, it will become difficult to get them into your sales funnel.
Let’s use an example. A mother is concerned that her teenage son may be hiding a growing drug use problem. Looking for more information, she begins searching online and happens upon a blog you wrote: “10 Signs Your Teenager Has a Drug Problem.” After reading the whole thing and reaching the bottom, she sees a call to action, “Speak to a Trained Addiction Specialist to Learn More.” Thinking that this seems like it would be of great value, she clicks on the call to action, taking her to a page that offers a bit more information about your facility and prompts her to leave her email address and phone number to be contacted later by an industry expert. You now have a lead that can be converted. If the end of your blog had simply directed her to your home page, she would’ve had multiple directions to go on your site, and it would take longer for her to get to your desired call to action, if she ever got there.
People don’t want to waste any time on anything. The faster you can convert them into a lead, the faster you can convert them into a client.
The Fundamentals of Effective Landing Pages
- Keep it Simple: This is not the place where you should be trying to get wordy and fancy with your copy. Simple, concise and to the point is best.
- Use Attention-Grabbing Headlines: Once you’ve gotten a lead to reach your landing page, you don’t want him or her to leave. Hold their attention by using engaging headlines.
- Offer Value: People need a reason to click through on your call-to-action. You have to provide them with something of value. For an addiction center, this can be a tour of the facility, a consultation with a professional or more information in the form of an eBook or white paper.
- Use Design Elements to Organize and Breakup Information: Some topics require more information than others. When you have a lot to tell your leads, be sure to avoid a big wall of text.
- Focus on The Call to Action: The more clicking options you provide on your landing page, the more avenues a browser has. You don’t want them clicking on anything but your call to action. Eliminate all distractions.
- Design for Screens of All Sizes: Your clients won’t only be coming to you from desktop computers. They will be on tablets and cellphones too. Make sure your landing page looks good on all devices.
There are many rules and guidelines for creating an effective landing page. Without the proper amount of time, sufficient experience or the right tools, you may end up building a landing page that does not convert leads into clients. When it comes to these types of advanced digital marketing techniques, it’s best to trust professionals.
MPA Rehab Marketing has built dozens of landing pages for a wide range of addiction rehab clients throughout the nation. Allow our professionals to create landing pages to act as sales funnels for your facility. From image selections to writing the copy, designing the landing page and tracking the results, we will handle every aspect for your facility so you can focus on treating more clients. Contact us at 732-214-9600 to see what we can do for you.