Unless you’ve spent the last 20 years living in a remote cave on desert island, there’s almost no possible way that you haven’t heard of search engine optimization, most commonly referred to as SEO. While this is a fairly common term among business leaders and executives, many do not know how it works, why it’s important or if it’s worth investing in. No matter the industry, business owners should be very aware of the importance of SEO – this includes owners of addiction rehab centers.
Everyone Should Be Concerned with SEO
Although most are familiar with SEO, it’s worth offering a standard definition. SEO is the process of getting Internet traffic from free, organic, editorial or natural search results. It involves increasing the quantity and quality of your website traffic. Essentially, Google, Bing or any other search engine, constantly scans the Internet to gather all available information from published online content. All of that information is fed through proprietary algorithms to produce search rankings based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to:
- Keyword Usage
- Social Media Presence
- User Site Traffic
- Relevant High-Quality Content (blogs and web pages)
- Brand/Industry Authority
- Domain Authority
- Inbound and Outbound Links
There is no business, online or offline, that should ignore its SEO efforts. At the end of the day, very little matters more than revenue and profits, and strong SEO directly contributes to the bottom line. Millions of consumers search for product, service and business information online. If they can’t find you in their searches, you may as well not exist. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to the importance of your SEO:
1. Search Rankings Are Everything: When was the last time you clicked past the first page of any Google search? If you’re like most Internet users, it’s unlikely that you venture past page one very often. It’s estimated that 91 percent of all clicks from Google searches come from the first page and that 75 percent are ranked in the top five on the first page.
2. Find Your Target Audience: The Internet allows people to find what they are looking for quickly. On the reverse side, SEO allows business leaders and marketing managers to reach the people who need their products and/or services most.
3. Be Found Locally: With so many people carrying mobile phones and tablets with them at all times, it pays to rank on local searches. When a person is looking for a nice restaurant to eat at or a place to pick up some odds and ends, they will most likely use a mobile search, and we’ve already discussed what happens if you don’t land on the top page of that search.
4. It’s Cost-Effective: While there is certainly value in pay-per-click advertising and other forms of paid online marketing, SEO often provides the best bang for the buck because it targets people who are actually looking for what you offer. This allows you to be a solution to a problem rather than a random pop-up ad that annoys most people.
5. Everyone Else is Doing It: If there’s no other reason to focus on your SEO, look no further than your competitors. If you aren’t optimizing your videos, web pages and blogs, you may end up losing ground (and ultimately customers) to competitors.
Blending SEO Marketing into Your Addiction Rehab Center
Now that you’ve learned why SEO is important, it’s time to discuss how you can integrate it into your rehab marketing. This is a long-term marketing strategy that, over time, will generate you more leads than virtually any other technique. While you may not be able to match the ad spending of all of your competitors, you can make sure that your site is optimized for search. It’s also typically more easily measured and less expensive than traditional forms of advertising.
For example, if a company spent $50,000 on a mixture of radio commercials, pay per click advertising, television commercials and out of home marketing, they may get results more quickly; but what about the quality? How do you know that the people who are seeing or hearing your ads actually need addiction rehab? It’s like taking a large net and throwing it over a large group of people and hoping to catch a few.
On the other hand, SEO is about answering questions, solving problems and connecting individuals with businesses who can meet their needs. This is like shooting a marketing arrow directly at someone who is looking for what you offer. A person who searches for “Florida drug rehab” is more likely to actually be looking for a drug rehab than a random person who sees your billboard while driving. Additionally, SEO continues to work for you for days, months and years after your initial investment. A high-quality blog that is optimized can continue to generate traffic for as long as it remains relevant. This is not to say that there is no value in other forms of advertising, only that SEO is a powerful marketing tool that every addiction rehab facility should be using.
There are more than 200 factors that influence your SEO. Fully understanding these factors requires experience and training that many addiction rehab directors and owners do not possess. Rather than wasting time, money and effort on a trial and error approach, you will be better served by trusting professionals to get the job done. MPA Rehab Marketing has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leaders in addiction rehab marketing and can lead your SEO efforts to improve web traffic, lead acquisitions and overall revenue. We invite you to learn more by speaking to one of our representatives at 732-214-9600.